PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
- Worldwide Holdings Berhad and its subsidiary companies (“WHB”) respect your personal data and is committed to ensure that your personal data is protected at all times. WHB assures you that your personal data is collected, retained and disclosed for lawful purposes in a fair and justified manner.
- This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- PERSONAL DATA
- WHB collects your personal data such as your name, identity card number, address, contact number and other personal details filled in by you in the registration form or other relevant forms relating to your interest to purchase property or to enter into any other property dealings with WHB.
- WHB will not at any time purchase or in any way commercially acquire any personal data from any illegitimate or illegal databases.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- WHB collects and may process your personal data for the following purposes:-
- Contact purposes;
- If requested by you, to provide you with regular communications relating to the relevant property that you have enquired;
- Preparation and execution of sale and purchase agreement or other documents for the sale and purchase transaction or other property dealings you intend to enter or have entered with WHB;
- Financial purposes, relating to the agreement entered by you with WHB (as the case may be) including but not limited to payment transactions or collection of any payments due to WHB;
- For accounting, auditing or tax purposes;
- To hand over vacant possession and/or keys of the property, for customer care and/or property defect rectification works;
- For post vacant possession services including but not limited to property management, club house or security services;
- Administrative purposes;
- Insurance purposes;
- For the maintenance of customer databases and customer service related processes;
- Research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- General operations and maintenance relating to occupation of the property or services provided by the relevant authorities, bodies or agencies including but not limited to utility companies or property management corporations;
- Where you have given your consent, to deliver marketing materials related to any other projects and/or properties of WHB; and/or
- Other purposes necessary or related to the above mentioned purposes.
- FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
The personal data provided by you is necessary to WHB. If you do not provide all the information as requested, WHB will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting WHB’s ability to accomplish the purposes stated in clause 3 above.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- WHB may disclose your personal data to the following parties (whether in Malaysia or overseas) for the above stated purposes:-
- Any related, affiliated, holding or subsidiary companies of WHB;
- WHB’s appointed service providers that provide services relating to the purposes for which your personal data is collected, including services related to data processing (if any);
- WHB’s or its holding company’s professional advisors including but not limited to auditors, accountants, consultants or lawyers;
- Financial institutions or its solicitors and insurance companies relating to your property purchase;
- Relevant governmental authorities, statutory bodies, corporations or agencies relating to the sale and occupation of the property and/or service provided to the property including but not limited to utility companies or property management corporations; and/or
- Other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
- WHB does not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, WHB may disclose your personal data in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any government or law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes or if required by law.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact WHB via mail (by quoting the relevant reference number), email or telephone in accordance with the following:-
|Mercu Worldwide, No. 7, Persiaran Sukan, Laman Seri Business Park, Seksyen 13, 40100, Shah Alam, Selangor
[Kindly visit www.worldwide.com.my from time to time for updates on WHB’s contact details (if any)]
This Notice is issued in English and Bahasa Melayu. If there are any inconsistency between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.