(Based at Main Office, Mercu Worldwide Seksyen 13, Shah Alam)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Be the focal point on technical-related matters involving Worldwide Holdings Berhad Group of Companies (“Group”) insurance/takaful program including but not limited to those relating to insurance/takaful contract/policy and its related clauses/endorsements.
- Initiate and lead the procurement of the Group annual insurance/takaful program and to ensure such insurance/takaful program achieves value for money without compromising the adequacy of insurance/takaful coverage.
- Manage the maintenance, development, performance, governance, administration and delivery of the insurance/takaful provision for the Group.
- Monitor insurance/takaful activities including claim administration, dealing with insurance/takaful operators, brokers/agents and adjusters.
- Perform effective support roles to all departments within the Group on insurance/takaful-related matters.
- Periodically report to the superior on the performance of the insurance/takaful program including but not limited to insurance/takaful operator performance, premium rebate (if any) and/or claim statistics
- Educational Qualification – Preferably a Degree in Insurance or Business Administration Majoring in Insurance or Risk Management or AMII/ACII or other relevant qualifications with sufficient work experience in the insurance/takaful industry.
- Able to work independently and culturally adaptable team player.
- Proactive and Self-Motivated with a tenacious attitude.
- 5 – 10 years in the insurance/takaful industry (insurance/takaful company; broking and/or corporate agency)
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Good project management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in General Insurance industry.
- Solid knowledge in underwriting Fire and Miscellaneous risk assessment.
- Good market knowledge In Fire and Miscellaneous products