KLPPBanner

WORLDWIDE ENERGY

OVERVIEW

Energy Sector is the Group’s diversification from an investment in the first-generation independent power plant towards an active participation in multiple energy-related businesses.

Its first venture into Energy sector began in 1994 with 25 percent shareholding at Genting Sanyen Power Plant (now known as Kuala Langat Power Plant).

Today, Worldwide Holdings’ involvement in Energy covers both renewable energy businesses namely hydro, solar and biogas, as well as in conventional resources namely thermal.

 

THERMAL

Kuala Langat Power Plant

Worldwide Holdings owns 25% equity interest in Kuala Langat Power Plant (KLPP). KLPP, an independent power producer, is the owner and operator of a 762 MW co-generation power plant at Kuala Langat, Selangor.

The electricity generated is sold to Tenaga Nasional Berhad under a 21-year Power Purchase Agreement.

Pulau Indah Power Plant (PIPP)

Pulau Indah Power Plant Sdn Bhd (PIPP) is a joint venture between Worldwide Holdings Berhad and Korea Electric Power Corp (KEPCO), the largest electric utility company in South Korea. Worldwide Holdings Berhad is the majority shareholder of PIPP with 75% shareholding while KEPCO holds the remaining 25%.

Pulau Indah Power Plant is a Combined-Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Plant generating 1200MW power located in Pulau Indah, Selangor.  This project is to cope with the increasing power demand in the Klang Valley.

PIPP will become a major energy contributor to the economic growth of the state of Selangor and the larger Klang Valley, and is targeted to achieve commercial operations in January 2024.

The power plant will be using clean energy alternative, emitting lower levels of harmful emissions Produces less greenhouse gases using latest HA turbine technology, world’s most innovative advanced materials, cooling, aerodynamics, combustion, and digital capability.

 

RENEWABLE ENERGY (RE)

Under RE business, Worldwide Holdings is active in solar, hydro, landfill gas and waste-to-energy power generation.

Our RE projects include:

  • Waste-to-Energy Plants
  • Landfill Gas Plants
  • Small Hydro Projects
  • Large Scale Solar Farm
  • NEM/ Sel-Co